Syntropic Farming Workshop
LIFE IN SYNTROPY TOUR 2018
Introduction to Syntropic Farming with Ernst Götsch
ABOUT THE WORKSHOPS
What is Syntropic Farming?
Syntropic Farming is an answer to many of mankind’s urgent questions. By learning from and translating nature’s processes and ecosystem dynamics to farming, it results in an independence from external inputs (including irrigation), growth of healthy soil, carbon sequestration and a regeneration of ecosystems.
Syntropic Farming is about creating diverse, rich and resilient ecosystems that are productive and economically viable.
What is the Workshop about?
This course is for people interested in getting to know Syntropic Farming and understanding its methodologies. This course will give you a good overview about the topic and the field work allows you to learn by doing. You do not have to be experienced in farming, but it is helpful. Syntropic Farming is a holistic approach, working with nature’s processes and the dynamics of ecosystems. This is a “workshop” which means we will work in theory and practice. At least half of the workshop time will be spent in the field.
The Syntropic Mindset
• What is Syntropic Farming & what differentiates it?
• The role of forests in food production
• Understanding the power of succession
• The role of humans in supporting the succession process
• A basic glossary of syntropic systems
• Growing soil – the role of organic matter
• How to become independent from external inputs
• Consortium planting within a successional cycle
• Systems to match your market’s needs
• The effect and role of selective weeding and pruning
Work in an actual project on site to enhance learning by doing. The activities might vary due to season and weather conditions. We aim to let you experience:
• setting up structures to understand systems setup and goals
• planting consortiums to understand optimal species and succession of consortiums
• do selective weeding/pruning to understand its role in the acceleration of growth and progression of succession
• Understand the Syntropic Mindset – what is the underlying theory and why is it so beneficial
• Understand the core practices that are used in Syntropic Farming
• Have a practical experience of applying the core practices in the field
about Ernst Götsch
The pioneer of Syntropic Farming himself will be teaching the course. You will benefit from his research of the past 40 years in different climates around the globe and his vast practical experience. Born in Switzerland in 1948, Ernst has been involved in farming and research his entire life and developing his system of Syntropic Agroforestry, regenerating degraded landscapes and ecosystems, working in harmony with nature and natural processes.
For more information about Ernst go to: http://agendagotsch.com/about/
HELPING OUT AND PAYMENT OPTIONS:
Due to the intensity of the workshop, Ernst requires full participation and it is therefore not possible to volunteer whilst attend the workshop. Also due to high demand and limited space there are currently no more volunteer positions available for this course.
Please contact us if you would like to set up a monthly payment scheme to help pay the course fee in 3 instalments.
The Spanish venue for the workshop will be held at La Loma Viva. It will be a 5 day intensive course taught personally by Ernst Gotsch and doing practical exercises learning his methods so you can implement them yourself with confidence.
*Dates and prices to be confirmed, please register your interest with us as places are limited.