ERNST GOTSCH EUROPEAN TOUR 2018
Introduction to Syntropic Farming with Ernst Götsch
25 - 31 october 2018
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
This workshop is part of his European tour on Syntropic Farming. The tour is supported by Life in Syntropy and Agenda Gotsch as a way to educate people about his pioneering work and part of his international project to create demonstration sites in different climate zones. La Loma Viva is one of a handful of projects worldwide who are pioneering his work and researching its application in Mediterranean and semi-arid contexts. La Loma Viva implemented a Syntropic system in March 2017, designed by Ernst and we continue to create a living model under his guidance.
WHAT IS SYNTROPIC FARMING?
Syntropic Farming is about creating diverse and resilient ecosystems that are productive, economically viable and regenerate degraded landscapes. Syntropic Farming has many of the answers to mankind’s urgent questions and teaches us how to fulfil our function as human beings, living in harmony with nature. By learning from nature, we can translate those natural processes and apply them to the way we produce food. This results in abundant systems which grow healthy soils, sequester carbon, produce a diverse array of yields, regenerate the ecosystem and that don't require long term external inputs. Syntropic Farming is a holistic approach, working with nature’s processes and the dynamics of ecosystems.
SYNTROPIC FARMING 1 WORKSHOP
This course is an introduction to Syntropic Farming, for people who would like to understand its methodology and philosophy. This course will give you a basic overview on the topic and the practical exercises allow you to learn by doing. You do not have to be experienced in farming, but it is helpful to have some knowledge of regenerative agriculture. The workshop will be an intensive 5 days of theory and practical. At least half of the workshop time will be spent in the field. We will be setting up and planting systems, as well as working in an existing example here at La Loma Viva, which was established in March 2017 with Ernst.
The Syntropic Mindset
- What is Syntropic Farming & what differentiates it?
- The philosophical framework behind Syntropy
- The role of forests in food production
- Understanding the power of succession
- The role of humans in supporting natural processes
- A basic glossary of Syntropic terms and ideas
- Growing soil – the role of organic matter
- How to become independent from external inputs
- Consortium planting within a successional cycle
- Systems to match your market’s needs
- The effect and role of selective weeding and pruning
- Work in an actual project on site to enhance learning by doing
- setting up structures to understand systems setup and goals
- choosing planting consortiums to understand optimal species selection and their succession of
- do selective weeding/pruning to understand their role in the acceleration of growth and progression of succession
- Understand the Syntropic Mindset – the underlying philosophy and it´s beneficial impact on farming
- Understand the core practices that are used in Syntropic Farming
- Have a practical experience of applying the core methodologies in the field
COURSE FEES & BOOKINGS:
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to learn Syntropic Farming from the master and originator himself, Ernst Gotsch. For the course Ernst and his family need to travel a long distance from their remote forest location in Brazil. All the donations from the participants go towards covering travel and other expenses, any extra income is put towards furthering his research into Syntropic systems, creating abundant forests all around the world and rehabilitating landscapes. The course fees also go towards the La Loma Viva non profit Foundation, which covers food, catering and staff for the course and any profit is invested into creating a living model here for research and educational purposes, as well as creating local employment and regenerating the local endangered ecosystem. We thank you for supporting this important work and investing in a more abundant and regenerative world.
Course Fee Includes:
- Five day "Syntropic Farming 1" Workshop - theoretical and practical sessions (8-10 hours per day) taught by Ernst Gotsch
- Six nights of comfortable accommodation, in shared double rooms, at the beautiful La Loma Viva retreat centre
- Delicious organic meals throughout the course, grown in our Syntropic and Permaculture systems, fully catered by our amazing chefs
- Transport from the nearest town of Motril to and from the course site
- Ongoing participation in a worldwide Syntropic community
TOTAL: 1450€ (This includes the Spanish VAT of 21%)
There is also a camping option of 1375€ (5 places only)
*Places are limited to 16 in the retreat centre with a maximum of 21 participants in total, so please book early.
about Ernst Götsch
The pioneer of Syntropic Farming himself will be teaching the course. You will benefit from his research of the past 40 years in different climates around the globe and his vast practical experience. Born in Switzerland in 1948, Ernst has been involved in farming and research his entire life and developing his system of Syntropic Agroforestry, regenerating degraded landscapes and ecosystems, working in harmony with nature and natural processes.
For more information about Ernst go to: http://agendagotsch.com/about/
To learn more about the Syntropic system at La Loma Viva, click on the link below