October 2018 - dates to be confirmed
Introduction to the theory and methods of Syntropic Farming, with agroforestry legend Ernst Gotsch. This workshop is part of a European tour and an international project to create demonstration sites in different climate zones.
The Syntropic Mindset
• What is Syntropic Farming & what differentiates it?
• The role of forests in food production
• Understanding the power of succession
• The role of humans in supporting the succession process
• A basic glossary of syntropic systems
• Growing soil rapidly – the role of organic matter
• How to become independent from external inputs
• Consortium planting within a successional cycle
• Systems to match your market’s needs
• The effect and role of selective weeding and pruning
Work on an existing on going project here on site to enhance learning by doing. The activities might vary due to season and weather conditions. We aim to let you experience:
• setting up structures to understand systems setup and goals
• planting consortiums to understand optimal species selection and succession
• do selective weeding/pruning to understand its role in the acceleration of growth and progression of succession
* Please contact us through the website if you are interested as places are limited.
TO SEE MORE ABOUT THE SYNTROPIC FARMING SYSTEM HERE AT LA LOMA, GO TO THE LIFE IN SYNTROPY PAGE BELOW: