The PDC is an inspiring course that connects us to our world. It is a comprehensive, certified permaculture course with international recognition, providing basic skills in a vast array of subjects, to enable you to start designing a world based on the ethics of earth care and people care. Permaculture provides the tools for whole systems thinking, allowing us to understand that we are interconnected and interdependent with all of the living world. It helps us to apply these skills in all our activities and professions, to create a more regenerative way of being, that rehabilitates degraded systems in all areas of life.
Permaculture courses, education, sustainability, PDC,
October 2018 - dates to be confirmed
Introduction to the theory and methods of Syntropic Farming, with agroforestry legend Ernst Gotsch. This workshop is part of a European tour and an international project to create demonstration sites in different climate zones.
The Syntropic Mindset
• What is Syntropic Farming & what differentiates it?
• The role of forests in food production
• Understanding the power of succession
• The role of humans in supporting the succession process
• A basic glossary of syntropic systems
• Growing soil rapidly – the role of organic matter
• How to become independent from external inputs
• Consortium planting within a successional cycle
• Systems to match your market’s needs
• The effect and role of selective weeding and pruning
Work on an existing on going project here on site to enhance learning by doing. The activities might vary due to season and weather conditions. We aim to let you experience:
• setting up structures to understand systems setup and goals
• planting consortiums to understand optimal species selection and succession
• do selective weeding/pruning to understand its role in the acceleration of growth and progression of succession
* Please contact us through the website if you are interested as places are limited.
TO SEE MORE ABOUT THE SYNTROPIC FARMING SYSTEM HERE AT LA LOMA, GO TO THE LIFE IN SYNTROPY PAGE BELOW:
This is a Training of Teachers course for those interested in sharing their permaculture knowledge with others, inspiring change and learning diverse, people centred teaching techniques for any subject. Your facilitators on this course are two internationally renowned permaculture teachers and practitioners: Jude Hobbs (Cascadia Permaculture) and Rico Zook (Itinerant Permaculture). Gain the confidence to present what you know to others and take your permaculture path to the next level by learning how to present the permaculture material to students in a fun and effective way. Be part of a global movement for Earth Care and People Care.
This fun-filled week will be held directly after the PDC course, so you can either stay an extra week and apply your new skills immediately or you can join the practical course on its own to develop your skills and learn some of the methods and techniques used in permaculture, or as a taster to see if its something you would like to learn more about.
Internationally recognised Permaculture Design certificate, held over two weeks on the coast of Spain. Facilitated by Alex Kruger (South Africa), Karen de Vries (La Loma Viva Team), Ryan Botha (La Loma Viva Team) and Roman Eisenkolbl (Soil*Sun*Soul). Join us this spring for learning, fun and inspiration!
Introduction to the theory and methods of Syntropic Farming, with agroforestry legend Ernst Gotsch. this workshop is part of Ernst´s first European tour and part of a project to create demonstration sites in different climate zones to research Syntropic Agroforestry.